Popular Posts

Monday 5 March 2012

amazing what you see in car parks!

Parked to kill time,
the world's going by.
Children with mums
are walking to school.

First, Little Miss Muffet -
I guess from the fact
that she's coming complete
with spider and net.

Batman is missing
his Batcave, I think -
in a flood of
unstoppable tears.

Two skeletons now,
one big and one small,
and a fierce lioness
and a dog with a ball.

There's a fireman - no fire
Correction: comes mum
with a portable one
of cardboard and gum.

A fairy comes next -
Diminutive thing,
pink wings and blue wand
and a bag made of string.

And now an Ice Maiden,
a witch with a hood
a chocolate soldier
and one made of wood.

Then just when the show
seems over and done,
Bat Man returns
his hand holding mum's.

Next comes a dwarf
(I missed him before)
and then there's the fairy
and the small labrador.

The youngest, it seems,
(not yet recruits)
will not be left out
of sibling pursuits.

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that Batman was able to dry his eyes and leave the BatCave.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, k.

Brian Miller said...

heh, funny the people you see surely, batman (though my fav superhero) certainly concerns me that he is in tears and out and about, perhaps robin will find him and offer a kleenex

Tabor said...

They have such expectations when they don their alter-egos that I am surprised more don't end up in tears as the day progresses.

Kat Mortensen said...

Good fun!

Over here, at Hallowe'en, it was all the rage to be a "dead fairy". I'm sure this has much to do with the Gothic animations that have recently been popular.

It caught me off my game, nonetheless. (*still laughing)

Mary said...

I believe! I believe! Wink.

The Weaver of Grass said...

You sit in some jolly interesting car parks Dave - there are none like that round our way.

Windsmoke. said...

Very enjoyable :-).

ds said...

Poor Batman! This is sweet. No, the youngest will never be left out of the others' pursuits if they can help it... Thank you.

Dave King said...

The Elephant's Child
I think mum must have promised him a drive home in her batmobile.

maniddaily
Indeed!

Brian
Did seem a bit unbatman-like, I must admit.

Tabor
Yes, know what you mean.

Kat
A dead fairy? That's dark, even for young Goths!

Mary
Of course you do!

The Weaver of Grass
The interesting epilogue was that the traffic warden, who had been waiting in the wings whilst all this took place, came out into the open to check all the cars only after all the mums and dads had returned to their cars and driven off.

Windsmoke
Thanks. Glad you thought so.

ds
They seemed rather put out, most of them, that they had to return with their parents and not stay on with their older siblings.

Ygraine said...

Aah, childhood at its most amusing!
This takes me back to fancy dress competitions when I was at school.
Never won a prize, but the dressing up was magical!