Popular Posts

Friday 16 March 2012

The Wolf by the Hole

Time is different for us
and the wolf by the hole in the ice
who in the water watches the stars
that above are circling the earth
that in the hour that he sits and stares
have turned full circle and more.

And he learns from this,
Earth's roulette wheel -
as he perceives it to be -
that Earth is a house of luck or chance
that cannot be fathomed
or quizzed to know
where or when it might stop
or who it will bankrupt
of this good life
or whether it matters a jot.

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha if only life could be cyphered like an equation, yet we are at the whim of the winds often...life happens and we react how we will...

Tabor said...

But the wolf is the only one who knows this. Mankind thinks chaos theory is one of those artificial science things.

Jenny Woolf said...

A wolf surely will not realise any of this because it lives in the exact minute. Perhaps that's what we should do, really.

Rose said...

Absolutely superb! What goes around comes around - eventually. Well, thats what I like to believe - But 'it's a bad man's world comes to mind when I read this - should we give a jot? If you can't change something change your attitude towards it :D

Windsmoke. said...

I reckon life is definitely a roulette wheel its just the luck or bad luck of the spin :-).

Dave King said...

Brian
Mmmm, not sure that life ebing cyphered would be an improvement... Thanks.

Tabor
I think you may have disentangled the knotted truth behind it all. Great response. Thanks.

Jenny
I think I agree with this.

Rose
Another fine response. Thank you so much.

Windsmoke
I thought I was just getting cynical in my old age!

Kat Mortensen said...

One of my favourites. Definitely! There IS a bit of a cynicism to it, but also a serenity.