Popular Posts

Thursday 30 May 2013

The Final Kiss



Naked and sylph-like,
flesh as a seamless robe,
a source of pale, hypnotic light,
emanating which, she glides
from her underground dominion
to entice her passing subjects
with displays of her somatic arts.
She chooses carefully and teases each.
Each comes quickly to the end
of his short tether -- and not
until that point is reached
she plants the final kiss,
allows him to depart this earthly life.

Written for mindlovemisery from the wordle below:-

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderfully sensual and wonderfully wicked =)

hyperCRYPTICal said...

So well done Dave. Excellent!

What a way to go!

Anna :o]

A Cuban In London said...

This is definitely one of my favourite poems so far following that prompt. It's evocative, sensual and enigmatic.

Greetings from London.

Brian Miller said...

nice....really dramatic...rather a crescendo of life...great flow to this dave...

The Weaver of Grass said...

Oh goodness me Dave - I found this quite surreal - and rather creepy too.

Mary said...

Ha, in this case I would definitely prefer NOT to be the one chosen!! Smiles.

Leovi said...

Yes, I hope the final kiss is sweet!

jabblog said...

And in that last moment, that final kiss, does the chosen one regret? Too late . . .

George S Batty said...

enjoyed the poem.we have all met them and some of us have been lucky enough not feel that fatal kiss.

Lolamouse said...

Sounds like a few women I know! Creepy good!

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

Powerful flash. As it happened with other poems of yours William Blake came to my mind.

Elephant's Child said...

'Allowing' them to depart suggests a release. I wonder...

haricot said...

I love this final phrase, "allows him to depart this earthly life", which makes me feel the same experience.

Rachna Chhabria said...

This is such a beautiful poem Dave. Love the images it conjured in my mind.

Dave King said...

Thanks Everyone

seems you all entered into the spirit of it beautifully.