Popular Posts

Saturday 11 September 2010

Clevedon Break and Haiku #259

Normal service has not lasted for long, I fear. This week is much taken care of with hospital trips, a cataract operation, a 70th birthday celebration and other affairs of state and family.

Here for now, three photographs taken on our recent break with friends. We stayed in a hotel in Clevedon and had rooms looking across the nine miles or so of the Seven estuary to the south coast of Wales. Unbelievably, we had good weather. I have chosen - for speed as much as anything - three notices which caught my eye. Please do click to enlarge if you cannot read the notices! The last image - which chronologically should have been first - worried and amused me. It was about twenty feet, I should guess, below our bedroom windows. The lower photograph is of the Abbot's Fish Pond at Glastonbury Abbey. I just wondered what sort of fish he kept there.

(Oh, and if you hadn't guessed, the guy on the rocks is yours truly - he fell getting off. Went quite a smacker!)




Those owing most tax
will get the least time to pay --
Tax democracy

9 comments:

Carl said...

great pix. I see the same sense of humor in your photos as your writing!

Rachel Fenton said...

Is that Dante's step ladder in the last pic?

CiCi said...

You just won't follow the rules, will you? Keep Off The Rocks is only a caution I suppose, not exactly something you can get arrested for. Was the 70th birthday celebration for you? If so, best wishes for this coming year and I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Titus said...

Love the fire exit! And I love Glastonbury Abbey. Carp, I believe. Did you get to Holy Well to bathe your bruises?

Windsmoke. said...

There are two things in life that are certain death and taxes. A bit tipsy were you after too much celebration, anyway the rocks jumped out in front of you didn't they that would be my excuse.

Dick said...

Small package, big punch!

Dave King said...

Thanks Carl
Glad you find me all of a piece.

Rachel
Dante's? Could well have been... didn't think of that.

TechnoBabe
I would have had no thought of going on the rocks had it not been for the notice.
70? Moi? I wish! Thanks for the thought, though.

Titus
Ah, I was thinking shark or whale.
No alas, didn't get to Holy Well.

Windsmoke
Got it in one! Actually, I blamed the eyes - which I'll not be able to do after this week's cataract operation, I suppose.

Dick
Absolutely.

Madame DeFarge said...

Marvellous photos. Hope the week turns out well for you.

Dianne said...

This cracks me up, I have a warped sense of humor. Signs at dog-parks new to this area ("Nazi Rules" they are called) and titles on pet owner magazines got me started.
Happy Birthday, by the way.
See You!
Dianne