Popular Posts

Saturday 21 May 2011

This week's Thursday Think Tank's suggestion was to clear the mind (!) and write a poem using whatever words came into your head. This is mine:-

Waking from a dream        light
like a Bellini sky         real
or dream?        a swirl of smoke
the eyes not open yet.        Sounds
from the street below        screech
of tyres        wet road        horns
the sound too loud for me        my ears.
Ears needing time in order to adapt      as
do the eyes.
                sound is not so loud
light not so bright
                        in dreams.
Dreams are more temperate.
An ambulance goes by.        Sunshine
finds the gap between the blinds.

9 comments:

Maggie said...

Aah, that is lovely. How about, 'Dreaming of Bellini.'

CiCi said...

To me, sounds more like a Fellini dream that wakes to a Bellini sky.

Mary said...

I like this poem, Dave. To me it describes well the process of waking up from a dream state! I agree that 'dreams are more temperate.'

Rose said...

Fabulous!

Helen said...

Can't imagine your mind is ever really clear ... always something creative lurking in the shadows.

David Cranmer said...

Out of the ballpark with that ending, Dave. "Sunshine
finds the gap between the blinds." Damn!

Ella said...

I like your random thoughts; I love the last line, "sunshine finds the gap between the blinds"~ Beautiful~

Dave King said...

thingy
What a brilliant idea! I shall certainly give it some thought. Thanks for the comment.

TechnoBabe
That, too, is a brilliant thought. Thanks very much for it.

Mary
Yes they are, aren't they. I'd not thought that before, it occurred to me only during the writing.

Rose
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Helen
I can't think of it being clear, I thought that the one reservation I had of the prompt.

David
My version of "how the light got in", I suppose. Really appreciate the "Damn!"!

Ella
Great to have you visiting. Welcome to you and many thanks for a very kind comment.

Carl said...

I agree with Helen - There are creative ideas always trying to get out... No quiet for you. It is always that way with creative types.